Organic Hemp CBD Oil for Dogs & Cats
Furthermost existing dog foods are like “fast foods” for humans – short of all the supplements and nutrients, just have good taste. Natural hemp seed oil for dogs has more the Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio (3:1) of fatty acids, than fish or flax seed-based oils. Hemp oil moisturizes a dog’s skin and fur correctly because it is herbal and because it naturally has everything your dog needs.
While there’s no final scientific data on using cannabidiol to treat dogs, there’s some indications from dog owners telling it can treat pain, especially neuropathic pain, as well as helping to control seizures. According to some veterinarians, hemp seed oil for dogs is also effective because of its anti-inflammatory properties, cardiac benefits, anti-nausea effects, appetite stimulation, anti-anxiety impact, and for possible anti-cancer benefits, although there’s no conclusive data on this use.
The AKC Canine Health Foundation (CHF) is supporting a clinical study, through the Colorado State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, that will evaluate the use of cannabidiol in treatment-resistant epileptic dogs. CBD oil also can enhance blood circulation and stimulate a dog’s cognitive thinking. Plus, it can thicken its fur texture and lessen shedding. Again, because hemp oil for pets is extracted from the “industrial hemp” plant there are no psychoactive reactors.
Here is the recommended dosage of hemp seed oil for dogs:
|Recommended CBD Oil Dosage (ml)||1||1.5||2||2||3||3.5||4||4.5||5|
Below are some cannabidiol benefits for your dog. These include:
- Pain Relief for Dogs. There’s a study showing that GLA in hemp seeds oil reduces arthritis symptoms by 25%. This’s one of the major hemp oil benefits for dogs.
- Dog Skin Allergies. A 2005 study of humans showed the impact of hemp seed oil for dogs in treating skin problems. It reduces inflammation associated with pruritic skin disease, atopic dermatitis, and granulomas. The use of hemp seed for dogs’ skin allergies has increased over the year with pet owners giving positive reviews.
- Fighting Against Cancer. Research now shows GLA-rich diets can inhibit the growth of cancerous tumors. These diets modulate inflammation and boost immune function. GLA in hemp seed oil for dogs also promotes cancer cell death (apoptosis).
- Fido Weight Management. Ingredients in hemp seed oil for dogs revs up the body’s fat burning mechanism. It also increases energy levels making your dog more active and healthier. GLA also releases serotonin, which gives a sense of fullness. This means your dog eats less, thus reducing the risk of growing overweight.
- Improving the Dog’s Skin Health. If you notice your pet’s skin is dry or looks unhealthy, you should consider hemp oil skin products. These oils penetrate the inner skin layers for better-looking skin.
- Reducing Dog’s Anxiety. If your dog has suffered a bad accident recently or a close family member has moved away, your dog suffers a lot. Cannabis-based natural products are popular for the treatment of anxiety in dogs. They’re a safer option than prescriptions you would buy at the store.
- Dealing with Seizures. You can try hemp oil supplements to help your dog overcome seizures. They’re a safer alternative to potassium bromide, phenobarbital, and other drugs. Such drugs affect your dog’s liver and other organs.
- Treating Nausea. By using hemp seed oil for dogs, you could help your furry friend overcome that nauseating feeling.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). It causes a lot of pain and suffering for your dog. Hemp oil possesses antibiotic properties which restore normal gut motility. If your dog suffers from IBD, your veterinary will most likely recommend trying hemp oil.
- Dealing with Inflammation. The Omega-3 and Omega-6 contained in hemp seed oil act as super nutrients. The perfect balance of the two is crucial for the overall health of your dog. Their most important role is in treating inflammation. Chronic inflammation is responsible for multiple health issues in dogs, including arthritis, liver or kidney disease, cancer, pain, IBD, among other problems. Using hemp seed oil for dogs alleviates inflammation and treats chronic inflammation.